Monday, June 12, 2017

Top 5 in 2017: Katie's Faves



This week we're looking at our favorite books of the year... so far. 

This week Katie tells us which books have jumped off the shelves for her:



Trouble Makes a Comeback by Stephanie Tromly
No sophomore slump here. This may be one of my favorite current series. It's a little bit Sherlock and little bit Veronica Mars and a lot laugh out loud funny.
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
This is the summer romance I'm telling everyone to read. It's a delicious take on the You've Got Mail plotline set along the gorgeous California coast. Basically a summer movie, a summer romance, and a summer vacation all in one.

My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
I skipped this one last year thinking I already knew the story of Lady Jane Grey (and that I didn't like where it ended up). I could not have been more wrong. This magical, fantastical, romantical rewriting of history is simply immense fun, and I can't be more excited that the authors plan a few more books about historical Janes.

The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan
I've talked to a number of folks who are behind on this series, either because they think they've had Greek god overload or they are caught up in the Magnus Chase series. All I can say is that you're missing out and better catch up soon. The whole god-as-mortal shtick gives Riordan new comic and character depths to explore. And you get to catch up with a number of your old favorites along the way.
Long Way Home by Katie McGarry
Full disclosure: I was nervous about this one because the whole we-used-to-be-together romance trope just isn't generally my fave, but I should have known I was in good hands. If you need one more summer romance on your list, look no further.

No comments: