Friday, September 9, 2016

Always Available: E Audio Books on Hoopla

Did you know that with your Arlington Public Library card, you have access to lots of cool new audiobooks that you can play from your computer or your mobile device? We have them from several vendors, but today we're going to highlight a few that are always available once you've downloaded the Hoopla App or visited the collection through our website.


These are available today! Grab a pair of headphones and download one!


All descriptions are from the catalog: 

Fake ID by Lamar Giles
My name isn't really Nick Pearson.I shouldn't tell you where I'm from.I shouldn't tell you why my family moved to Stepton, Virginia. I shouldn't tell you who I really am, or my hair, eye, and skin color. And I definitely shouldn't tell you about my friend Eli Cruz and the major conspiracy Eli was about to uncover when he died--right after I moved to town. About how I had to choose between solving his murder with his hot sister, Reya, and "staying low-key" like the Program has taught me. About how moving to Stepton changed my life forever. But I'm going to.



If You Could be Mine by Sara Farizan

Seventeen-year-old Sahar has been in love with her best friend, Nasrin, since they were six. They’ve shared stolen kisses and romantic promises. But Iran is a dangerous place for two girls in love--Sahar and Nasrin could be beaten, imprisoned, even executed. So they carry on in secret until Nasrin’s parents suddenly announce that they’ve arranged for her marriage. Then Sahar discovers what seems like the perfect solution: homosexuality may be a crime, but to be a man trapped in a woman’s body is seen as nature’s mistake, and sex reassignment is legal and accessible. Sahar will never be able to love Nasrin in the body she wants to be loved in without risking their lives, but is saving their love worth sacrificing her true self?


The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue never sees them--until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks to her.

His name is Gansey, a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.
For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She doesn't believe in true love, and never thought this would be a problem. But as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she's not so sure anymore.







No comments: