Monday, December 14, 2015

Top Tens of 2015: Librarian M Edition


Librarian M kicks off our top ten lists with a bunch of books that whose covers are going to be covered in award stickers before January is done....


Weird, dark, modern fairy tale. Reminded me of Tom McNeal’s Far Far Away.


I Crawl Through It by A.S. King (see the full review here)
A.S. King coming through for me again. The more bizarre she gets, the more I love her.

You may be tempted to give up on this one when it is not immediately accessible, but don’t! A very rewarding book about mental illness.

An engrossing, ghostly tale about class and justice.

Lumberjanes written by Noelle Stevenson & Grace Ellis ; illustrated by Brooke Allen
So much fun! This series is so charming and full of girl power I can’t see how anyone could dislike it.

I hope you guys are keeping up with Andrew Smith after his stellar year in 2014. He’s still on a roll!

Most Dangerous by Steve Sheinkin
A rare non-fiction pick from me. This book is fascinating even if you already know a lot about Watergate.

Nimona by Noelle Stevenson (see our full review here)
Nimona is the best evil henchman (henchwoman?)…ever? Yeah, let’s say she’s the best ever.

Horror for the younger crowd. A boy’s anxiety about his baby brother’s health manifests itself as wasps. Creepy!

Last year we had Tomboy and this year we get Honor Girl . I hope this indicates a trend for great graphic memoirs for teens in the years to come.

No comments: