Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Best of 2011: The Ten Best Books Fantastic Teen Reader Libby Read in 2011*


Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Katniss! No!! Now I just want to hug you. =(

Romance, tragedy, adventure, and a musical about ninjas. What's not to love?

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan (see full review and video)
"The kind of book where the reader turns the last page, and says to herself "Now that book did not suffer from a shortage of musical numbers.""-John Green

An angel and a demon off to stop the apocalypse. Also, TERRY PRATCHETT AND NEIL GAIMAN IN ONE BOOK.

Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
I love flying and adventure, and this book has both. I also really really like Kenneth Oppel's writing style.

Numbers by Rachel Ward
Weird sci-fi powers, conspiracies, explosions, and a rather bizzarre on-the-lam romance? Sounds good!

Liar by Justine Larbalestier

Micah is a compulsive liar who pulls fact, fiction, and illusion into one, or rather several, versions of the truth. I'm still not sure what to believe.

Gabby by Mark Kelley and Gabby Giffords with Alison Hanson
This book made me laugh, cry, and smile alternately. It goes into not just Rep. Giffords' injury, but her life and her story. Read it.

Fast-paced, smart, well written, and disturbing Swedish thriller. It left me thinking, which is always a good sign.



The entire Harry Potter series by JK Rowling (see our Harry Potter Weeks here)
These books are my childhood. I read all of them again over the summer to get ready for HP7 part 2. No list of books would be complete without them. <3

*Are not all from 2011

1 comment:

honeymoon bed breakfast said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope these books will prove as worthy for readers and will add new positive things in the mind.