Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Best of 2011: CJ, Our Teen Reviewer, Shines a Light on her Faves

Need I say more? Once again Stephanie Perkins has made my life one great big ball of awesome. I loved following Lola and her love life with Max and Cricket, all while she was dressed in awesome outfits.


2)    Where She Went by Gayle Forman (see our review and author interview)
TEAM ADAM all the way. Yes the band name is cheesy, yes it has the falling apart at the seams rock star, and yes there is the tragic accident in which family dies. What makes this book so great is the fact that there is a Cello player. The Cello Player and the rock star. How this works I have no idea but it does.

Nico- please don’t hate me. I know this book comes out in January, but really this is probably one of my favorite books that you have recommended to me.

4)    Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (see our full review here)
Alright I will admit I am a sucker for books with playlists, and books where the characters remind me of my friends. This book really made me happy that there is still a sense of adventure even in the most unlikely places.

5)    To Timbuktu by Casey Scieszka & Steven Weinberg (see our full review here)
After meeting the authors, I fell even more in love with this book. While I don’t really read a lot of non-fiction, I will sometimes find one that makes me appreciate the genre even more. This was one of those books.

6)    Pink by Lili Wilkinson (see our full review here)
I found this book, and decided to read it because John Green had a quote on the cover, and it is rare for me to find a book with him endorsing anything. I fell in love because the whole premise of the novel is finding out about what really matters.

7)    Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (see our full review here)
I like books with alternating perspectives, and this was no exception. Told from the two main characters, a boy and a girl, the story was effortless and each view point blended in to the next.

8)    The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
This is the sequel to I Am Number Four, and I am pretty sure I read this in a day. My brother and I pre-ordered it, and by the time we both finished it was all we could talk about for like two weeks.

9)    Beauty Queens by Libba Bray (see our full review here)
Miss America meets Lord of the Flies. Both happen to be things I can’t stand but somehow I must once again bow down to the all mighty Libba Bray. Even if the two things mentioned above aren’t your cup of tea, you should definitely check this out.

10) Across The Universe by Beth Revis
I am not a huge sci-fi kind of person, but this was an easy read, and just right to fill that empty area in my brain.

No comments: