Friday, December 24, 2010

Top 10 in 2010: Fun Reviews from a Fabulous Teen


C.J. is one of our star teens who went with us to talk about the "Best Fiction for Young Adults" at The American Library Association conference this year.  We asked her back to share her favorite books of the year.

1)    Linger -Maggie Stiefuater   
Ok, seriously, the series just keeps getting better. I had grabbed Shiver in an airport and my mom had to pry it out of my hands so we could get off the plane. Linger added to what I thought Shiver really was and made the series so much better.

2)    Please Ignore Vera Dietz –A.S. King
When I first got the book I was a little uninterested because the back cover did not do justice to it. But I read it and I could not put it down. The book is fun while dark at sometimes, and it didn’t disappoint.

3)    Will Grayson, Will Grayson John Green and David Levithatn
Come on its John and David! Apart they’re great and together they're even funnier.

4)    I Am Number Four –Pittacus Lore
I NEED A SEQUAL! I am a really picky reader but this was probably made # 1 on my overall top ten. It’s only number four because of the title.

5)    Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour – Morgan Matson
I really loved this book because the main character Amy is just like one of my best friends, who is named Amy.  The book is highly entertaining and includes some awesome playlists, so if you liked Audrey, Wait! then you’ll like this one too.

6)    The Sky is Everywhere –Jandy Nelson
This book is funny, entertaining and a great story. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it in a heart beat.

7)    Split Swati Avasthi
This was one of the first books I read this year and I am still talking about it today. I would recommend this to both genders because its one of those books anyone can read and enjoy it.

8)    Freak Magnet - Andrew Auseon
I liked this book because it is set in Arlington, so I could see this actually happening and I liked that aspect of the book, that it was relatable.

9)    Somebody Everybody Listens To - Suzanne Supplee
I liked this book because the main character was really independent and was not willing to admit defeat. She provided a great story line and an entertaining read. 

10)    Only The Good Spy Young –Ally Carter
I’ve love this series from the start and following Cammie on another adventure was just as fun. If you’ve read the other books from the series but not this one, I would definitely recommend that you do.

No comments: