Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thriller for your Tuesday: Girl, Stolen by April Henry

Girl Stolen by April Henry

Cheyenne has pneumonia. Which means that she feels basically like she's been run over by a truck. So of course she doesn't feel like getting out of the car at the drug store with her step mother to pick up her prescription. Instead she's going to stay lying down in the backseat with her blanket. When she hears the door open and close and the car start .... things suddenly seem terribly wrong.

Cheyenne is blind. She knows that the person who just got into the car is not her stepmother. But is it more of a risk to let the driver know there's someone in the car? What will happen when he realizes that this car-jacking is actually a kid-napping? Should she just stay still? Every second is counting down....

Girl Stolen by April Henry is a taught, fast paced thriller. If you like a book that won't let you put it down because you have to know what happens next, this is the book for you.





trailer from the publisher

2 comments:

April Henry said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! I loved writing Girl, Stolen. I even went to the Guide Dog school for the blind so I could learn more about what it would be like to have a guide dog. At the end, they put a blindfold on me and then gave me a dog and a harness and told me to put the second on the first. I thought I was doing a good job - until I was finished and went to pat the dog on the head. I had harnessed up the butt end!

nico said...

Thanks for stopping by April!