Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Get Ready to Rock...

October 17-23 is Teen Reads Week! The theme this year is "Books with Beat,"  so look forward to lots of music related books and events.

To get ourselves in the music-making mood, and mostly because we just like to rock out at the library. THIS FRIDAY, September 17, we will be having a Rock Band afternoon from 3:15-4:30 at Central Library. Come join us and show off your skillz.

To get in the mood, I present you with a video from TIGER BEAT- the all YA author band. If you ever wondered what the superstars of YA literature do in their spare time.... look no farther:




That's right, those rockstars spend their days being:

2 comments:

kathryn said...

This is such a great topic! I love books with a musical theme. A couple of my favorite are Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Born to Rock, Struts and Frets, Drums Girls and Dangerous Pie, and Heavy Metal and You. So many great rocking books out there.

nico said...

I love the theme too, so many books have amazing playlists now too-- I love a book that can send me in the direction of a great new song, it's a total bonus! Nick and Norah and Struts and Frets both sent me straight to ITunes.