Monday, December 17, 2007

Golden Compass Movie ... Thoughts?

I finished re-reading The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman last night and plan to see the movie this upcoming weekend. Has anyone seen it? Thoughts? I've read some reviews and some are positive but other people have pretty much said it's not worth the price of admission. I LOVE the book (and the other two in the series) so I'd hate to be disappointed.

On another note, check out these four different covers for the book, including two British versions of Golden Compass, originally titled: Northern Lights.








































I have to say I don't like it when they change the title of a book for release in the U.S., like we're too dim to understand a British version. Example: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone /Philosopher's Stone. Not really sure why they bother changing it at all.

No comments: