Tuesday, November 13, 2007

If You Can't Judge a Book By Its Cover Then...

Patricia raises an interesting issue in her comments to the last post.

What is the deal with bad book covers? Who is responsible for this? I plan to look into this and will report back.

I'd also be interested to hear what covers have turned you off to a book even before you read it.

For me, I had Journey to the River Sea checked out for weeks before I finally got around to it because I thought the cover was lame.

Same with Goose Girl, although I guess it fits the fairytale theme. It just seemed too boring for what an exciting book it is.

Once I finally read them both I loved them but I never would have just picked them up in the library (they were recommended to me).
So...
What do you think is the worst cover of a book?

My vote (hahahaha):

2 comments:

pat said...

That's a horrible cover! Where did you find it?

Gwendolyn said...

Just used Google, of course. "Worst book covers ever." No, just kidding. I think someone was selling it online. Can't imagine they made much off it...