Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What We're Reading: Wicked Lovely


I just started Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr last night and I think it has promise. It was recommended to me by a friend (and fellow librarian) as a "Twilight read-a-like" since I just finished that trilogy and doubted I'd ever find a book like it. It doesn't have vampires or werewolves (yet) but it does have faeries and fey and Winter Queens and Summer Gods and I think it's gonna get even better as it goes along. The tagline is "a gritty and sexy urban tale of faery intrigue and mortal love takes place during the conflict between the forces of Summer and Winter". Basically this girl Aislinn sees invisible faeries and the hunkiest fairy of all wants to make her his queen but I'm getting the idea that she might die if she can't fulfill his wishes. Sounds like a recipe for romance if I've ever read one. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to pick it up.

1 comment:

pat said...

Hey, I've heard Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith is another good new vampire book. Apparently, it's a little grittier than Twilight, but really good. I haven't read it yet--I'm just starting Eclipse--let you know what I think soon!